1. Students may cancel any time before classes, courses or a program begins and receive a full refund.
2. Students may also cancel during the first one half of a classes total time and receive a full refund.
A written statement as to why the student is dropping out will be required prior to refunding by the academy.
3. If a student withdraws during a Master Woodworking Program module, there will be no refund for the courses not taken in that module or remaining modules as it is impossible to fill their reserved slot in the program.. A written statement as to why the student is dropping out will be required for grade recording.
4. The academy reserves the right to cancel and reschedule a class, course, or program due to insufficient student enrollment or an unforeseen or unavoidable event(s). Students will receive a full refund with no financial obligations due.
5. Non-completion of a project is not a valid reason for a refund.
6. Project selection in each course in not valid reason for a refund – nor is the student’s wish to build a project of their choice. (Only the instructor can change the class project if he deems it more beneficial to the students employment needs.)
7. A student will have three days, exclusive of Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays in which to cancel their enrollment and receive a refund of all monies paid.
8. Course projects should be eighty to one-hundred percent completed by the end of the course.
9. Classes are based on the number of instructional hours – not a completed project.
Refund Policy For Veterans or Eligible Persons
1. A refund of the unused portion of tuition, fees, and other charges will be made to veterans or eligible persons who fail to enter of fail to complete the course as required by Department of Veterans Affairs Regulations, CFR 21.4255. the refund will be within 10 percent of an exact pro-rate refund. No more than $10.00 of the established registration fee will be retained if a veteran or eligible person fails to enter the course.
2. Prompt Refund – The refunded amount shall be paid within forty days.
3. WIA Students – No more than $100.00 of the established registration fee will be retained if he/she fails to enter the course.
American Woodworking Academy Home Page